Born in Paris, France, I moved to the US in 1994.
As far as I can remember I have always been drawing and building things, but it is a workshop with the sculptor Petrus (www.sculpteur-petrus.com) in 1978, which triggered my passion for sculpture. At that time, I had just completed my education in electrical engineering. Rather than going right away to work, I applied to the “Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux Arts” in Paris, and studied drawing and sculpture there for 2 years, before spending several months with Petrus, from whom I learnt the foundation of my clay technique.
However, at the time, a career in art was not really an option for me (or so I thought) and I went back to pursuing a career as an engineer. Eventually, after 35 years with limited artistic activity, I finally got back to art full time.
My current focus is on figurative sculpture and drawing. Even though I also enjoy carving once a while a stone or a nice piece of wood, my preferred sculpting medium is clay. In my drawings I like to combine charcoal, ink and watercolor. These mediums allow me to work quickly, my main interest being to capture life and energy in as spontaneous and raw a manner as possible. I do most of my drawings from life models, my preference being very short poses. I also do many of my sculptures from life as well.
I cast my sculptures in bronze, which is time consuming but very rewarding. I spend now my time between my studio in Los Gatos (CA), various life drawing sessions in the Bay area, and the West Valley College foundry.
In addition, whenever I have the opportunity, I also love to build these temporary balancing structures, which sometimes turn out to be surprisingly beautiful... You can see some of this work in my Earth Art page.
Teaching assistant (Sculpture) at West Valley College (Saratoga, CA) 2017
Instructor (Figure drawing, Sculpture) at Pacific Art League (Palo Alto, CA) 2017
Metal Sculpture at West Valley college (Saratoga, CA) 2015-2017
Resident with sculptor Petrus, France 11/1980 to 2/1981
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux Arts, Paris, France. 1979-1980
• Ruth Bancroft Sculpture Garden, Walnut Creek, Summer 2017, (Juried)
• Gallery House feature show, Palo Alto, February 2017
• Form of a Woman exhibit, Neologian Gallery, San Mateo, January 2017 (Juried)
• Vyne Bistro, San Jose, January/February 2017 (Juried)
• Pacific Art League, Member exhibition, January 2017 (2nd place)
• Not so Heavy Metal II exhibition, Mission College, November 2016, (Juried)
• More the Merrier, Art Ark Gallery, November 2016, (Juried)
• Pacific Art League Instructor exhibition, November 2016
• Sand City Juried Art exhibition, September 2016, (Juried)
• California Clay Competition, May 2016, (Juried)
• Pacific Art League, "Figure and Faces", May 2016, (Juried)
• Art Object Gallery, April 2016 (Celebrating International Sculpture day)
• Art Ark Gallery, March 2016 (Silicon Valley Open Studio preview exhibition))
• Pacific Art League, Member exhibition, January 2016
• Group Art Show, Main St Cafe, Los Altos, September 2015
• Pacific Art League, "Figure and Faces", August 2015 (Juried)